3D Animation

Friday, July 1, 2011

What's in a name?

The manager of a company noticed a new man one day and told him to come to his office.

"What is your name?" was the first thing the manager asked the new guy.

"John," the new guy replied.

The manager frowned: "Look, I don't know where you worked before, but I don't call anyone here by his first name. It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my employees only by their last name - Smith, Jones, Baker - that's all. I am to be referred to as Mr. Robertson. Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?"

The new guy sighed and said, "Darling. My name is John Darling."

"Okay, John, you may go back to your work now."

Adopted from the blog of Masterwordsmith.

Please visit my other blog "Salt of Life" link salt-romblonwriter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment